Unlimited Free Storage Option Has Been Disabled By Google From June 1
Google photos recently have come up with many exciting features which have already benefited its users, out of which the most attractive one was the unlimited free storage of photos.
If you are a Google Photos user, you must know that Google has stopped its users’ high-quality storage options. From now any photo you are uploading on Google Photos will fall under your Google Account storage.
The majority of people use Google Photos all over the world to back up their precious moments. This change was announced by Google last November, and it has been offering High-Quality Backup for a very long time. Google has now put an end to unlimited photo storage.
READ MORE: Xiaomi’s Full Charge In 8 Minutes and Wireless In 15 Minutes
Making Space In Google Account:
With Google removing these unlimited storage options from Photos, it has also introduced some options to make space in your Google Account. For example, you can find blurry and duplicate photos in your collection and then delete them to make some space.
Another tool has been introduced that calculates the estimated time that how long your google storage will last as per your usage, and this also allows you to break your files into several folders and delete the unwanted files.
The high-quality backup option has now been replaced with “Storage Saver“, it automatically makes space for your photos and videos and saves them if you upload them through Storage Saver.
It is essential to know that the photos and videos you are uploading after June 1 will be stored in Google’s new Account, and the previous ones remain in Google Photos.
Google has come up with this tool, named google one, that provides extra storage space. You can easily subscribe to its storage plan; this is a paid application, and it has several plans.
- The cheapest one starts from 100GB storage for $1.99 per month or $20 per year.
- It also offers a 200GB storage option of $2.99 per month or $30 per year.
- The biggest storage, 2TB, costs $9.99 per month and $99.99 per year.
- It doesn’t stop here; Google One also comes up with 10TB,20Tb, and 30TB for heavy file storage, whose price range can go up to $149.99 per month.
- The Plus point is that this storage application is a part of Google that provides you extra perks, including Free VPN, selected plans, and priority support.